It was established in the 1930´s to represent the Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish Kraft paper manufacturers. Since then the Association has changed from year to year, and now it covers 11 member companies representing around 2,5 Million tons of paper produced in 10 European countries.
Read more about the Organisation of CEPI Eurokraft here.
The mission of the Association:
- Follow and influence packaging directives and legislations
- Study and inform on impact of these papers
- Coordinate ideas for ultimate communication to EU bodies and other common audiences
- Safeguard common interests of members vis-à-vis international authorities and associations
- Coordinate activities with other organizations, especially organizations for paper production and paper converting
- Form forums for its members for matters of common interests
- Initiate Life Cycle and Carbon Footprint studies
- Promote paper as renewable and sustainable resource for packaging
- Gather and process statistical data
- Arrange meetings/seminars on special subjects
- Provide and alert members of important changes and initiative in legislation
CEPI Eurokraft cooperation with other Associations
CEPI Eurokraft is an active member in European paper and paper packaging industry networks. These networks assure the liaison with European authorities in Brussels and follow the development of European regulations likely to affect the paper industry.
Learn more about our networks here.