Reliable moisture protection
A watermelon contains about 91% water. The smooth, hard rind protects the interior flesh from outside influences and keeps it sweet and juicy. When it comes to bulk packaging solutions, the trick is not to keep the moisture in, but to keep it out. Thanks to new developments in paper technology, paper sacks offer reliable, cost-effective protection against dampness and moisture. Such high-performance paper sacks can be stored outdoors without risking softening of the sack or clumping of the contents.
- Depending on the specific requirements of our clients, our industry offers different paper sack constructions with glue, barrier, layer or surface concepts that provide reliable protection against moisture.
- All moisture-proof sacks are compatible with the regular paper sack filling machines.
- Besides moisture and water, paper sacks are able to protect contents against light, oxygen, carbon dioxide and dirt, thanks to adjustable barrier layers and surface treatments.
Find out more
- Video: “The amazing paper sacks of Dr. Strong and Mr. Wright”
- Press release: “Continuous Innovation to Meet Customer Needs”
- Article: “Paper sacks meet high demands”
A reliable humidity barrier
Our industry provides many different types of moisture-proof, high-quality paper sacks with different layer and glue concepts, depending on the specific requirements. In most cases, a two-ply paper construction with an intermediate polyethylene (PE) or bioplastic film will provide a reliable barrier against moisture ingress. In especially adverse weather conditions, an extremely thin bioplastic, plastic or other adequate barrier film can be part of the surface layer in the paper sack construction for particularly effective protection. An example of a solution with a PE-coated outer layer is the winner of the EUROSAC Grand Prix 2015: SAFEdy Showerproof (“Showerproof with environmental credentials”) by dy-pack. HYBRIDPRO (“Enduring moisture protection and shelf life”) by Mondi uses a high-density PE layer as a protective outer ply and sack kraft paper for the inner ply. A major advantage of the moisture-proof paper sacks is that they are compatible with existing paper sack filling machines with little or no reduction in speed and are thus much faster than any non-paper filling systems.